Condition Engineer Guide
Welcome to our Condition Engineer Guide for Guildwars 2. Here you will learn everything you need to know about playing a Condition Engineer in a raid environment.
- High personal Damage with a fairly short Ramp-up time, making it quite bursty for a condition-bases build.
- Provides 150 condition damage to everyone in your subgroup which is roughly a ~1k DPS increase for other Condition dps classes.
- Has access to a multitude of soft cc’s such as chill, blind and immobilize, while also providing a strong amount of hard cc as well.
- Loses a decent amount of damage on non-stationary targets.
- Has poor access to cleave damage and also has limited burst for bosses with split phases.
3. Current Viability
With the August 08, 2017 Balance Patch Condition engineer Saw quite a significant nerf with the recent patch. Food changes forced engineer to replace earth sigil with malice, to make up for lost condition duration. Engineer also lost some strong damage modifiers.
- Explosive powder: This trait was removed from the game which is a 10% damage lose for explosives (grenades and bombs) The damage of many explosive skills were buffed as compensation, however grenade skills apart from shrapnel were not buffed, which resulted in a damage loss overall.
- Excessive Energy: This trait was re-worked to grant a damage modifier when endurance is not full, compared to before when it gave the modifier with full endurance. As dodging is a dps loss in the rotation, this change is a straight-up 10% Direct damage loss.
- Kinetic Battery: This trait previously was used a small dps increase to double cast strong gadget skills like incendiary ammo, however it has been re-worked and no longer provides any DPS increase.
These changes nerfed condition engineer’s damage by approximately 2,000 DPS, however it still remains as one of the strongest condition classes to run due to it’s high personal damage, and strong group DPS increase through Pinpoint distribution.
To make it easy to navigate the guide, we have split it into 2 pages:
16 August 2017: Updated text errors
14 June 2017: Added section