Power Holosmith Guide
Welcome to our Power Holosmith Guide for Guildwars 2. Here you will learn everything you need to know about playing a Power Holosmith in a raid environment.
- Provides a lot of hard cc
- Brings ‘Pinpoint Distribution’, which gives your subgroup 150 Condition Damage and is roughly an dmg increase for condi classes
- Small Barrier with ‘Crystal Configuration: Eclipse’ helps with Scholar Uptime
- Access to Vulnerability
- Gains an small dmg increase with more than 10+ average conditions due to “Modified Ammunition”
- Burst damage still lower compared to other dps classes
- If you can’t keep up 10 average conditions, you will lose dmg due to ‘Modified Ammunition’
- Some stationary skills
- Hard to maintain scholar bonus due to overheating
3. Current Viability
With the Path of Fire Expansion, September 22, 2017, the Holosmith elite specialisation was added to the game. Power Engineer received quite a DPS increase from taking Holosmith instead of Tools, because of the new abilities, and no longer having to dodge to get a damage modifier. Its rotation now revolves around using burst skills, overheating Photonforge as much as possible, and then filling in the gaps with bomb auto attack. The new traits Laser’s Edge and Photonic Blasting Module are really powerful and synergise well with each other:
- gives a 15% damage modifier while over 50% heat.
- makes heat only fade away after overheating. The initial damage from overheating is now dealt to enemies instead of yourself, and while cooling down you gain the laser’s edge buff.
This gives you at least ~80% uptime on laser’s edge after it’s been applied for the first time, and has also been replaced by .
Overall the DPS much higher than before the expansion, but it still falls behind most DPS builds and has quite low burst.
- Build Guide: shows traits, gear, consumables and rotation for the build;
04 October 2017: Added section