Condi Mirage Guide
Welcome to our Condi Mirage Guide for Guildwars 2. Here you will learn everything you need to know about playing a Condi Mirage in a raid environment.
- Doesn’t lose DPS uptime to dodge attacks because the dodge skill no longer has an animation
- Jaunt gives really good in combat mobility
- Can bring really good CC with Signet of Humility, or reflects with Feedback, for minimal DPS loss
- Sacrifices endurance to get more DPS so you can become very vulnerable
- Has a large ramp up time due to Phantasmal Force
- Can’t control the teleport location on Axes of Symmetry which can make it risky to use on some fights
3. Current Viability
With the Path of Fire Expansion which came out on September 22, 2017 the Condi Mesmer build was replaced by Condi Mirage. The new elite specialisation takes the spot which was previously owned by Chaos. Major changes include introduction of ambush skills, the complete removal for the dodge animation, and new main hand axe weapon skills. Gear remains the same, other than replacing scepter with axe, because of the new trait Dune Cloak.
- Uses Sand Shards which deals a small amount of damage, and applies 2 stacks of bleeding for 6 seconds, whenever you gain mirage cloak. Additionally increase the duration of conditions applied to bleeding foes by 20%
The extra 20% condition duration effectively replaces and gaining access to stronger weapons skills has increased the DPS of the build significantly. The general play style of the build has also changed a fair bit, now your rotation revolves around being able to cast as often as possible, while trying to avoid interrupting the auto attack chain. is used in the 3rd utility slot for some extra DPS, and can be used as an elite skill if the CC from isn’t required.
Overall the DPS is much higher than before the expansion, but still falling behind most other condition builds.
With the August 8, 2017 Balance Patch Condi Mesmer received a huge buff from reworked traits. The traits got reworked to the following functionality:
- : Phantasms gain a 1% damage boost whenever might is applied to them, and a 4% damage boost whenever they attack (maximum bonus 25%). This bonus damage lasts until the phantasm is destroyed.
- : Increases critical-hit damage by 15%. This bonus is further increased to 25% against foes below 50% health or foes who become disabled by stun, daze, taunt, fear, knockdown, etc.
These changes boosted Condi Mesmer DPS a bit.
- Build Guide: shows traits, gear, consumables and rotation for the build
28 September 2017: Changed the build from condi mesmer to condi mirage
18 August 2017: Updated written rotation
12 August 2017: Added section