Staff Weaver Guide
Welcome to our Staff Weaver Guide for Guildwars 2. Here you will learn everything you need to know about playing a Staff Weaver in a raid environment.
- Extremely Strong burst capabilities over the course of ~15 seconds
- One of the highest AoE cleave DPS in the game
- Can do even more burst damage to targets affected by stun or knockdown if using the Standard Air variant
- Good mobility with burning retreat and fiery greatsword
- Extremely fragile to enemy attacks and very vulnerable without the support of a good druid and chronomancer
- Very long cooldowns on DPS skills, highly alacrity dependent and very weak when forced to delay abilities
- Weak against constantly moving targets
- Relies on scholar uptime and hitbox size to deal DPS
- Stationary while casting primary DPS skills, and loses too much DPS if required to cancel abilities
- Very weak CC and no Utility
- Loses a lot of damage in Wing 1 and 3 since Weakness can’t be applied to any boss.
3. Current Viability
With Path of Fire Weaver made it’s appearance and it was apparent right from the start that it would be one of the highest DPS classes. On the golem that’s true but in reality Weaver is very weak with the exception of a few bosses. This is due to some reasons:
- If you play the Arcane Variant you apply no Vulnerability since you also lose access to , meaning your group might not even cap Vulnerability.
- You don’t have access to any CC apart from your . is a major DPS loss because you have to double attune into Air.
- In Wing 1 and Wing 3 Weakness can’t be applied to any boss so you have to run with and an Accuracy Sigil resulting in a substantial DPS loss
- You lose the Protection and Stability from Overloading resulting in an even squishier class and a more interruptable rotation.
The result of this is that Weaver is not that great in an actual raid and is quite lackluster compared to Tempest with the exception of a few bosses.
To make it easy to navigate the guide, we have split it into 1 page (more to come):
- Build Guide: shows traits, gear, consumables and rotation for the build;
04 October 2017: General cleanup, added description to Trait setups
17 October 2017: Changed effectiveness by boss table to better reflect data collected in daily raids