Power Engineer Guide
Welcome to our Power Engineer Guide for Guildwars 2. Here you will learn everything you need to know about playing a Power Engineer in a raid environment.
- Relatively simple rotation with decent personal damage.
- Provides a strong amount of hard cc if required.
- Lower damage than almost every other DPS class.
- Has quite low burst capability.
3. Current Viability
With the August 08, 2017 Balance Patch Power Engineer received quite a significant nerf, with Explosive Powder being removed from the game, as well as losing another 10% damage modifier from Excessive energy.
- Explosive Powder: This 10% damage modifier for bombs and grenades was removed in the patch. Many grenade and bomb skills had their damage buffed as compensation, however bomb kit’s auto attack was not buffed, and is a main source of damage in the rotation.
- Excessive Energy: This 10% modifier was changed requiring you have to not have full endurance to benefit from it’s effects. Dodging for this modifier and interrupting your rotation is almost a DPS, so Engineer lost fair amount of damage as result of this change.
These changes had a harsh impact on Power Engineer’s acceptable damage pre-patch. It is now outclassed by almost every other DPS option, however it’s simple rotation is still a bonus for the build considering it’s decent damage output.
To make it easy to navigate the guide, we have split it into 1 pages:
- Build Guide: for experienced users that have a good understand of the profession;
14 August 2017: Added section