Power DH Guide
Welcome to our Power DH Guide for Guildwars 2. Here you will learn everything you need to know about playing a Power DH in a raid environment.
- Strong personal DPS
- Can provide blocks (aegis) and small heals for his subgroup
- Has access to a lot of utility in form of Reflects, Stability, Aegis or hard CC at the cost of personal DPS
- High burst damage
- Easy to gear
- Relies on a good Chronomancer to have permanent Retaliation uptime
- Can lose quite some damage if you don’t position yourself correctly (see notes in “Rotation” section)
- Almost no CC without sacrificing personal damage
3. Current Viability
With the August 8, 2017 Balance Patch Power Guardian received some significant buffs which boosted its strength into one of the strongest dps classes for the current metagame. now also gives 250 ferocity on top of its previous effect. got a similar buff, which now converts 13% of your toughness into power. Radiant Retaliation has been reworked and renamed into , which provides us with 50% extra crit chance if we are under the effect of retaliation. This allows the Druids in a subgroup with 2 power guardians to change to in order to increase their personal damage and the overall group dps.
This trait now grants Ferocity while you have retaliation, in addition to its previous effect.
This trait now converts 13% of your Toughness into Power, in addition to its previous effect.
This trait has been reworked and renamed Righteous Instincts. Righteous Instincts increases your chance to critically strike and grants 1 stack of might for 6 seconds every second while you have retaliation.
Another, very interesting change that happened this patch was a change to which now gives the stats from your Signets to 5 allies when activated. Currently we are not 100% sure if it is really worth bringing anywhere though. It might be worth to use that trait on KC for the burn phase but we need to test it a little bit more until we can conclude anything.
To make it easy to navigate the guide, we have split it into 2 pages:
- Build Guide: for experienced users that have a good understand of the profession;
- Tips and Boss Examples: a helpful collection of boss fight videos for you;
7 September 2017: Updated layout on the rotations section
3 September 2017: Updated written and video rotations for both Zeal/Radiance and Radiance/Virtues
30 August 2017: Added gear for variants that don't use the Radiance trait line
16 August 2017: Updated "Weaknesses" section to direct users to proper location for more information
14 June 2017: Added section