Power DPS Mesmer Guide
Welcome to our Power DPS Mesmer Guide for Guildwars 2. Here you will learn everything you need to know about playing a Power DPS Mesmer in a raid environment.
- Has two free utility slots that can be swapped out for things like feedback, signet of domination or signet of inspiration for more support
- Can provide quickness with timewarp, allowing the chronos to use less boon duration on short fights
- Signet of Humility can deal huge breakbar damage
- Can provide a focus pull if really needed (Instead of a torch)
- Really low DPS
- Really slow ramp up time (No burst)
- Phantasm reliant (Think of fights where phantasms die or despawn)
- Terrible cleave
3. Current Viability
With the August 8, 2017 Balance Patch Power DPS Mesmer received a huge buff from reworked traits and mantras. The traits got reworked to the following functionality:
- : Phantasms gain a 1% damage boost whenever might is applied to them, and a 4% damage boost whenever they attack (maximum bonus 25%). This bonus damage lasts until the phantasm is destroyed.
- Mantras: Mantra skills will no longer display their number of charges in the enhancement bar and will instead use the ammo system. Reduced cast time by 0.5 seconds. Mantras no longer grant bonus Toughness while channeling. Ammo count has been set to 2. Recharges between casts have not changed making Mantra of Pain worth taking.
- : Increases critical-hit damage by 15%. This bonus is further increased to 25% against foes below 50% health or foes who become disabled by stun, daze, taunt, fear, knockdown, etc.
These changes boosted Power Mesmer’s DPS but not enough to compete for a DPS spot.
To make it easy to navigate the guide, we have split it into 1 pages:
- Build Guide: for experienced users that have a good understand of the profession;
14 August 2017: Added section