Condition Soulbeast Guide
Welcome to our Condition Soulbeast Guide for Guildwars 2. Here you will learn everything you need to know about playing a Condition Soulbeast in a raid environment.
- Has a good mobility skill in form of
- Shares the same gear as condi druid
- Can bring a spirit without losing too much personal damage
- Flanking is required for maximum damage output.
- Can’t use other pets without sacrificing personal damage
- Doesn’t bring a lot of CC to the group
3. Current Viability
Path of Fire revitalized with the new Ranger elite spec ‘Soulbeast’, Condition Ranger as dps option. Overall most Soulbeast utility skills and traits are very weak and not really suited for instanced pve content but finally brings a much needed condition duration trait to the class. All the other traits are pretty underwhelming an can be swapped for anything else.
Not everything is positive though. Condition Soulbeast depends on the extra stats and skills from merging with the pet, which means that we basically lose the ability to use any other pets (like wyvern for CC) without sacrificing a lot of our personal damage.
Overall Condi Soulbeast is in a really good spot compared to the other condi DPS builds, but doesn’t provide much utility or CC for the group.
November 7, 2017 changes: & received some small nerfs, which are not that significant. The buffs to & made the Stance Share variant of the Soul Beast much more viable than before and basically the go to build for Soul Beast in raids.
To make it easy to navigate the guide, we have split it into 1 page (more to come):
- Build Guide: shows traits, gear, consumables and rotation for the build;
11 November 2017: Update the build according to the 7 November, 2011 patch
3 October 2017: Added section